Your Email (required)
Drop us a note!
My name is Sam Greives and I am an intern at the American Composers Forum. Laura Krider (Director of Education and Community Partnerships) and I heard about you through your partnership with Noteflight, who partners with us as well.
I am contacting you because we at ACF run a program called NextNotes High School Composition Awards, which I believe some of your composers and teachers would be interested in. In this program, high school composers of any genre of music submit their original compositions to us. We then have a panel listen to and review all of the pieces, and choose 6 winners and up to 30 honorable mentions.
ALL Applicants receive:
– a free one-year American Composers Forum student membership
– a free one-year subscription to Noteflight Premium
– mentorship from professional composers and musicians over a two-day workshop
– flights to/from the workshop, room/board during the workshop
– a public concert of the winning works
– a scholarship of $1,000 to be used for formal composition studies
– a recording of the culminating concert
– free Finale software
– eligibility to nominate one teacher to receive the NextNotes Music Teacher Award
– NextNotes Music Teacher Award Recipients receive a free one-year subscription to SmartMusic
Honorable Mentions receive:
– Written feedback on their piece from the panel of judges
We would very much appreciate you encouraging all of your high school-aged students to apply to this program. They are already composing, so why not get free Noteflight Premium and an American Composers Forum student membership out of the work they’ve done? We would also like to share the great work that you are doing on our social media.
They can learn more and apply here: https://composersforum.org/education/nextnotes/
Feel free to email me (email@example.com) or Laura Krider (LKrider@composersforum.org) if you have any questions about the program. We are also resources for your students and composers, so feel free to have any students email Laura or me as well.
You must be logged in to post a comment.